Sunday, January 17, 2010

Katie's 8 !!!

Well this post has lots of pictures!! Katie turned 8 years old today! (Sunday 17th) We decided to celebrate on Saturday at the Sand Dunes sledding. Katie loves it!!! She has no fear at all. We roasted hot dogs over a fire and the day was beautiful. Craig's brothers from Alaska are in town for a week (that's another post) so they came with us. Later Saturday evening we had a little cake and gifts with just the four of us. She is such a sweet little thing and I'm thankful for these moments so I can remember that.
Enjoy the pictures!!


This is Craig & Katie coming down the hill together. Craig is on a tube and he is holding on to Katie's round sled. She was laughing so hard about it.

Katie came down her first time with her uncle Corey. He is one of her Dad's brothers from Alaska. This was the first time Corey and Katie have met. He hasn't been down this way in over 7 years.

Alexys & Me (Debi).
We linked arms and we almost did a circle before Craig could snap this shot.


I missed this run but Alexys had jumped on Craig's back and they rode down together. This was just after Alexys had rolled off.

I gave Katie a ride down on my back.
She was giggling the whole way down the hill. Like I said, she has no fear.


One of her many trips down alone. She almost always would turn backwards when she rode the round sled. We were always amazed at how far she could get.


Here she is opening her gifts from Craig's Family around the campfire.


We got her an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.
She could hardly contain her excitement over all this ice cream.

She still blows up into her bangs so Craig helped her with the candles. She is none the wiser though. As far as she is concerned she did it.


She is clapping so fast her hands are a blur.

This is a package her Grandma Lofgreen sent from Indiana.
Her look says it all!

Once again she is moving so fast she is a bit of a blur. This is a gift from Grandma Housley. They share the same Birthday. But Mom was in Mesquite for the week. She sent this gift earlier in the week. She loves her Grandmas!!

She had just opened one of her gifts from us and she got up to dance after every gift. She moves so fast that I just gave up on trying to get a good shot of it.

Here it is after she calmed down a notch.
Her own hair product kit.
The blow Dryer blows air and she has already done all of our hair a few times.
Even Craig's. ;) (Mr. Clean)


2 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

How fun that she is 8! She looks like she loved her birthday! I love ice cream cakes too!

Anonymous said...

Oh Debi, We should have joined forces Jordan's birthday was Saturday and we went sledding and had hotdogs and a fire! I guess great minds think alike huh. You have a beautiful family, you guys are truly an amazing example to our family. I am so glad to have the chance to have you guys in our lives! You guys are wonderful parents.
Katie Dodge