Friday, December 17, 2010

13 Years Ago

Most of you that read this Blog know that 13 years ago today was the day our son Blake left to serve his mission. I have listened to some dear friends of mine talk of their sons leaving on their missions in this life and also watched my nephew Nathan leave for his in Peru. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. My son's mission is a little longer than theirs will be but I know it's where he is suppose to be. It's how his life was suppose to go. I see kids that are turning 14 now and I wonder what he might look like or what kind of person he would be. Who would he be friends with? What kinds of movies or music would he love? Would he and Alexys fight all the time or be the best of friends. Probably both. =)

Losing Blake is one of the hardest things we have ever gone through. We are blessed to have had Alexys in our lives through it all. She most definitely saved us from ourselves. Katie coming into our lives has also been a huge blessing. What wonderful kids I have been blessed with. I wanted to share some pictures of my boy with you today so you could see how beautiful he is. I know he is a grown and busy man on the other side but this is the boy I remember and love.

I know we will see him again. I know that God loves us all and that every trial we go through in this life is made to make us stronger if we choose to let it not break us down. I send my heart and prayers out to any this Christmas that are remembering a loved one they have lost. I know it hurts but don't ever stop remembering the ones that are still here. We are so lucky to have the restored Gospel and a Prophet on the earth today to guide and direct us. It's easy to get caught up in our sorrows and forget just how blessed we are as a nation and as a community. I love where I live and love to be so close to those that believe the same things I do. I love my three kids!! They are all as good as kids can get. My husband is a wonderful hard working man that has a big heart. Sometimes we lose perspective on things but we always come back to the reality of what we have and share. I love him more than I could ever express. I have wonderful parents and siblings. They are an example to me every day. We are always there for each other and what a comfort that is to know they are there to listen or to lend a hand when we need them the most. I have been truly blessed in my life and I thank my Father in Heaven for that every day. I hope you all are as blessed as me. I know if you stop and think about it you will find that you are.

Merry Christmas!!

Alexys age 2 Blake age 10 months.

My Angels!!

These pictures were taken 3 weeks before Blake passed away.
They had been sent out in our Christmas cards.


Blake with Santa the night before he died. We were at our Ward Christmas party.


Blake age 8 months old. These pumpkins were quite small. Only about 8 inches high. What a sweet smile he has.


Love him!!


My Angels here on earth!!
Alexys age 15 Katie age 8 and me!!

Me and my Sweetheart!

My Family!! With one only in spirit. =)

We love and miss you every day Blake!!







8 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Debi _ I love you and admire your strenghth and testimony. We're thinking of you today.

Unknown said...

This was beautiful. I didn't know you'd lost a son. It must be so difficult at times, but you are strong and courageous and have a testimony of the plan of redemption. So you are very blessed indeed.

Tanalyn said...

I am thinking about you and your family today Debi. I look up to you with the strength that you have. Isn't it wonderful to know that you and family will be together again someday and what a wonderful missionary that he is. You are a fabulous mom and have a beautiful family! Love you and have a terrific "Christ"mas!!!

Shan Reid said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this Debi. Hugs to you and your cute family!

Brett and Tiffany said...

This is a very nice post for everyone to reflect on their blessings! What a mother of faith and strength you are! He is beautiful! I didn't realize he was that old when he passed away! He must be a very boy to leave this earth at such a young age! We never know what Heavenly FAther has in store for any of us. Thank you for sharing your testimony. It is wonderful to have the gospel in our lives. Merry Christmas!

Malm Family said...

Thank you so much for sharing your life and pictures here, you have such a beautiful family! You possess such great strength and express yourself with such honesty. I am so grateful to be associated with such an amazing woman! I will hug my family a little tighter, complain about things a little less and get down on my knees and be thankful for the blessings I have because of you today. Happy Holidays to you and your sweet family!

chchoo said...

Love you Debi.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

It breaks my heart to read this, but I do remember when it happened and it broke my heart then. You are SUCH a great, strong person - thanks for sharing...