Monday, May 2, 2011

Zion

We went on a another trip to Zion N.P.

I don't know what it is about that place but I love it. =)

We went with my parents this time. I think we all had a great time. I know I did.

We stayed at the park for three nights. The sun was out every day and the temperature was lovely. The only two things that could have made the trip perfect were if Alexys had come with us and if gas was cheaper. The price in Spingdale had hit $4. CRAZY!

But what a beautiful world we have to enjoy! I'm glad we took the chance to enjoy a small part of it.


Craig and Katie on top of the lookout of the canyon.


Here is the view on top of the canyon overlook.
Amazing!!

Mom and Dad on a hike. We are so proud of Mom for taking this hike. It was not for sissies.

Good job Mom!!



A small bridge we crossed to get the lookout.




Zoom in of the bridge with Craig, Katie and Mom and Dad.


This is Angel's Landing. I hiked this a few years back but was not brave enough to reach the top.

This year I did it!!

It drops off 1400 ft. on one side and I think it's 700 ft. on the other. At some points its is only about 10 ft wide and there is only a chain to hold on to. Thank goodness for that chain!

Anyway. I'm just glad I finished this time.

It took Dad and Craig and myself 5 hours round trip. Not too shabby I think for 5.4 miles. =)


Here is part of the accent. We were waiting for our turn. People were coming down as we were trying to go up. This is pretty close to the top.


Craig sitting as high up on top as he could get. You can vaguely see the road back there next to the river.


The wind gusts got pretty strong at times. It kind of freaked me out a bit.


And here is proof that the motor home was there. This is Mom and Dad heading home.


I have over 300 more pictures but I won't post them here of course. Thanks for stopping in!


Thanks again Mom and Dad!! We had a great time.

No comments: