Why is it we as humans are so slow to humble ourselves? I think all of us at one time or another (Hopefully more) have felt our Savior with us. Comforting, listening and loving us. So why do we not make ourselves available to Him at all times? It's an amazing feeling when he is near. That is not a feeling I can forget completely. I guess the problem is time. The longer we go between that feeling the harder it gets to remember it. I find myself getting so busy with life that I forget to take time to make time for Him. Some simply don't want to put in the time. The sorrow I feel for those that deny themselves the right to that feeling is greater than I can say.
I love My Savior.
I know he is there for us. I know he carries us through our darkest moments. Even when those moments are long. He will never give up on us. I'm thankful for this knowledge. Life would be too hard without it. I know that our Heavenly Father is waiting for us to humble ourselves a little everyday so he can bless us. I have had to humble myself a lot this past year and I am grateful for the opportunity to have done this. I have found a new appreciation for the scriptures and the messages in them. They are there for us to find answers and to comfort us so we know we are not alone. I know I will have to be humbled many times over in this life. That's how we grow and learn but how I wish it didn't have to be so hard sometimes.
I bear witness to anyone that may read this. I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. I know that God is at the head of it. I know that he loves each one of us. He is aware of our pains and joys. He wants us to be happy and has sent us a way to find true happiness. I'm thankful everyday to have been born into this Church and am grateful for my testimony. It makes life a little easier to know why I am here and where I hope to get to some day. I don't want to get to the end of this life and not have my family with me. I love them all more than anything and when all is said and done I hope they are all there too. I hope they are stronger than this world. When this life is over I want it all not just a glimpse of it.
Don't make his sacrifice for you be in vain.
I hope that for whatever reason I felt I needed to post this has helped someone. Or maybe it was to help me? Strong possibility. But go out today and think of all you have been blessed with an then do something for someone else.
That's the best way to thank Him.
2 comments:
Debi thank you so much for this post! I needed this right now more than you will ever know! I have had to humble myself also, and life is hard, but with our Heavenly Father all things are possible....I just wish others would realize that too! I needed a good cry this morning, and I have you to thank for that! What an amazing testimony...thanks for sharing! Love ya!
Debi~all I can say is that you are amazing! Thanks you so much for sharing this! I have a little something to share with you. Don't know if you know, but I teach piano lessons here at my house. I have 22 students now and love it! Well, earlier this week I was pulling out one of my older books for a student and out of nowhere a piece of paper fell to the ground. That paper happened to be the funeral program of your sweet little Blake. I couldn't help but just sit and look through it and read the beautiful poem your mom had written. Now to read what you have written just gives me chills and the warmest feeling! I have never to do this day ever shared my testimony, but I know and feel it deep in my heart!!! Thank you for sharing yours and helping to remember all that I've been blessed with! I have always loved and admired you and always will!!
Post a Comment