Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When it Rains it Storms

Do you sometimes get the feeling that you are being tested? I have gotten that feeling a few times these last few weeks. It all started when I came home from a weekend getaway with Craig. The first little thing was that my blow dryer would not turn on. Only two years old and it's dead. Not so big a deal. Then my DVD VCR recorder will not let me put in a tape. Only used the tape side one time to record home video off onto a DVD. Little more of a problem than the last since now I can't finish my recording project. Then I went to cook dinner and the bottom oven of my stove won't ignite. The top oven heated up but the bottom stayed cold. Bigger problem for a mom that likes to cook. I have tried to stay positive about all these little things but I am getting a bit annoyed. Then Sat. Craig couldn't get the lawn mower to start. But thanks to my brother it is now running and I pray it stays that way.

NO! I am still not finished. You all know of the roof issue from my last post. We had another huge wind storm come through yesterday. It tore off over 30 shingles and ripped up more than that that are still attached to the roof. And yesterday morning I had a problem with my brakes and thankfully stopped before I ran into the house with the car. So that is now getting fixed.

I know there have been a few more little things that my brain is refusing to think about but the only thing I can say is I am thankful that my family is still happy and safe! I know that there are times when you feel like there is no end in sight of the little annoyances we live with but when at the end of the day you can still kiss your family good night then it must have been a good day.


I love you all and hope you will have a good day today!!

No comments: