Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our Squirt


Well most of you that know me know that I love animals. I just can't help myself. What some of you don't know is that we have 2 dogs, a cat and 2 birds. Well a few weeks ago our beautiful yellow Budgie named Squirt hurt her leg somehow. She seemed to be healing and using it more every day. But I guess she wasn't. The last two days she has slept most of the time and shortly after I put Katie on the bus today she passed away. I know this may not seem like a big deal to some but I will probably cry for the next two weeks over this. I don't know why but these silly little creatures just make me happy and I hate it when they leave me.I buried her in the back yard and made her a little rock monument. Silly to you but not to me. It makes me feel better.
I never was able to get a good picture of her. I found this look-a-like of her but my Squirt was even prettier than this one. She was always so timid and sweet and I hope her friend Sprite will not miss her too much. Anyway here is that picture and under it is one from today of Sprite. Love your pets even if they are just silly birds.

This is a pretty bird but Squirt was just a bit prettier. She looked a lot like Sprite but all yellow with a little bit of white along her cheeks and at the tips of her wings. I'll miss you little friend.


Sprite is on her swing here so not a very clear picture.

I still think she's cute though. Why do I have to get so attached to them?

3 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

Oh I'm so sorry Debi - It's not silly to love your pets. We loved Leo, and were devastated when he died. I know something that will cheer you up...how bout a baby kitten?! I'm serious.

THE WOMACK 8 CREW said...

It's not silly at all. A few years ago, our 9 year old Yorkie named "Boz" was run over by a car. We were out of town for a short mini-vacation and left him at the kennel. He was so small, he slipped away unnoticed. The call to us was so tragic and my girls mourned for weeks. (So did I.) To this day, when I see a picture of him, I tear up. His is buried in our backyard with a full on monument.

The Clarks said...

I'm so sorry. It is hard to lose such sweet, loveable friends. You are so tenderhearted and that is one of the reasons I love you so much :)