Friday, May 28, 2010

Babies!!

Robins!!
O.K. so last week Craig came inside from mowing the lawn to tell me there were a couple of nests in our little pine trees. I of course was very excited so I had to go and take some pictures. The first one is of course the Robin eggs and the other I'm not sure of but the Mommy is quite small. So it surprised me when I looked into her nest and found so many. Anyway I was going to post these pictures last weekend but forgot and decided to do it today but before I did I wanted to check on them. I of course was thrilled when I found that two of the Robin eggs had hatched. They are so tiny and hungry. I hope they survive. It's been so cold and wet that I wasn't sure they would even hatch. As you can see one didn't but I still have hope that it will. Just for your info. The nest are both only about 4 inches in diameter. So that will give yo an idea on there size. Some of you probably think I am a bit nuts but I do enjoy Mother nature at work. ♥
Anyway enjoy the pictures!








No comments: