Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our Last 2 Weeks of July


We love July!! With July 4 at the beginning and July 24 at the end there is never a time to be bored. I was NOT in charge of this years float for the parade so I was able to watch the parade this year. The first time in three years!! I'm glad because we finally got a visit from Katie's Grandma and Grandpa Lofgreen and her 3 brothers Justin, Nathan, and Jacob.
They drove all the way from Indiana. A couple of them came to Alexys' play and the rest went to the rodeo. A first time experience for all of them. It was fun to see them again. I wish there wasn't such a huge distance between us so we could see them more often. It just costs so much to go that far.=(
Here are some pictures of Katie and her brothers with Alexys. They all got along very well.
Jacob(13) Justin(18) Katie(8) Nathan(16) Alexys(15)
Great bunch!! I wish they could be closer.

I wash shocked at how tall they all had gotten since 6 years ago.


So Alexys did the play again this year. It was called Once Upon A Mattress.
They all did a great job.
Here are a couple pictures from Saturday afternoons performance.


This is Alexys left and her friend Natalie right. They were the nightingales.
They were also Lady's in waiting. But this part they had to try to sing the princess to sleep. They really do blend well together.



This is the end of the play when the King gets his voice back.


This is the bows at the end. They bowed as Lady's and then as Birds.


On Tuesday before all of this our friends the Rawsons came up from California. Minus Jerry.
They came to our house for the afternoon and to see Alexys in the play that evening.
We took the kids to the Sand Bar. It was a bit strange because we got there and the water was so low that it wasn't even going over the waterfall. You could see rocks in the center of the river. Pretty weird. And then while we were still there it started to rise and came back to where it should be. They must have been working on something.
ANYWAY!!
It took Katie a while for her to want to get in the water but after she did she loved it. And no we are not Hannah Montana fans. I had to buy this vest once when we had forgotten hers and this day Alexys had taken the Suburban and her other vest was in there. Not that anyone cares.
I love these kids!
Ashten, Emma, Zack, Sam
Hope I spelled your names right...
She looks like a little frog here.=)


Well I hope you all have a great rest of your summer.
We are heading up to West Yellowstone for the evening to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. My parents are taking all of us. If I get pictures at all I will post them later.
BYE!





1 comment:

chchoo said...

I'm glad to know what you really think about Hannah Montana. I care. :P Alexys is gorgeous. Just like you. The summer plays were always so fun. Great pics!