Monday, October 11, 2010

7 Days in Park City

We just spent 7 days in Park City. It rained most of the time but was still beautiful. Maybe more so because of it. We did a lot of swimming and shopping.=) Once we came back to our room and a man in the hall commented on how much fun we were having while shopping because we had so many bags in our hands. We did get a lot of Christmas shopping done.
Well here are a lot of pictures. Enjoy!!
This is the first thing Alexys saw when we got to the resort.
She slept the last half our of our ride.
We stayed at the Marriott Mountainside. It is a great place right on the ski slopes. If you get a chance to ever stay there do it.

In our room.
Katie is always playing football by herself but this time she used her little weeble toys as a line up. Funny girl! =)

A mine car on display. Katie thought it was cool.
This is Main street Park City.
Such a cool looking town with all it's old architecture.
And right on the mountain side so it also feels a lot like a mini San Fransisco.
There must have been some sort of Porche show or just a gathering of owners because we saw these things everywhere. All of them looked like they were from the 50 or 60's. I thought they were pretty cool. Does anyone know what their years are?



This one was the first one we saw and it was also my favorite.
The people driving it were laughing as we passed by and I was taking their picture.


My new moose friend. I thought his smile was funny.

Alexys and her new friend.


And Katie having a conversation with her new friend.


This is a view of some of the pools at the condo. They are heated year round. They had waterfalls that connected most of them. It was a pretty place.


Night swimming.


Rainy day swimming!


Here are the pictures of our train ride through Provo Canyon.
This is when we had just taken off from the train station.
This is just before we took off. She was waiting very patiently.

This is when we started to move. She laughed pretty hard.

Alexys laughing for I don't know what reason.

Me taking my own picture so I could prove I really exist.=)


Alexys and my Mom. Grandma Housley.
My parents are the ones that took us on this great vacation.
Thanks Mom and Dad!!!!!!!

Alexys and my Dad.

Relaxing up the canyon. The ride lasted 3 hours. So we had a lot of time to just kick back.

We realized about 45 minutes into the ride that our windows opened so we were hanging our heads out the window.
Provo Canyon fall colors. I wish I had my nice camera back.
These picture don't do the colors justice.

Cool train.

Well this is the end of the tracks I guess. Thanks for stopping by to see a week in our life.
Have a great week yourself!!

4 comments:

Tanalyn said...

We love the Heber Creeper! Looks like you had fabulous time! You'll have to tell your mom and dad hello for me! And we'll have to hook up one of these times.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I've never done the train ride, but it looks fun and my kids would love it! Glad you had fun - we did that a couple of years ago and that resort is great!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Looks like a fun vacation! That train ride is fun! We have done it before!

Shan Reid said...

Love all of your pictures... I like rainy days too. Looks like tons of fun!