Today Katie turned 9! It's hard to believe but it's true.
She barely looks 6 maybe 7. Such a cutie!!
I got up early today and I got a strong feeling that I needed to decorate the kitchen before she woke up. I was going to do it after school but I decided there must be a reason for my feeling. Was there ever!!
When I went upstairs to wake her up she was out like a light. When I said wake up Birthday girl she jumped out of bed before her eyes opened. She then proceeded to excitedly tell me to follow her. I was a bit surprised because she was acting as if Santa might have come again. I hoped she would not be disappointed that there were no gift out yet. She zigzagged down the hall and was just getting her eyes opened all the way as she
practically ran down the stairs. I was sure she was going to go flying to the bottom and we would be making a trip to the E.R. Luckily she made it down unharmed.
When she reached the bottom she let out a loud gasp and then began to cheer. She at some point in time had decided that on the morning of her Birthday that the kitchen would be decorated with streamers and balloons.
I'm sure glad that I followed that prompting.
Small things do matter.
She had a pretty good day.She got some money in a few cards for her Birthday and so we took her to Walmart to buy herself some things with it. She is a very good bargain shopper! She had $30 to spend and she was able to get herself a pair of pants, a shirt, 2 movies (Little Rascals & Fantastic Four) , and a game (Don't spill the beans)!! And she still managed to have $1.50 left over.
I'm so proud!!
This is her blowing out her candle.You may notice her bangs are moving but the flame is still lit.
Also there was some definite showers flying around.
This is her dancing after the candle went out.She was pretty excited about it being an ice cream cake again.
Can I just say it's hard to get a picture of her when she is not this excited.
This is a great camera to get anything that isn't a huge blur. =)
She is so easy to please!Craig giving her a piece of her ice cream cake.
She just opened her DVD from Grandma Housley. She hugged it after I snapped this picture. Funny girl!
She wasn't sure what this was at first but it didn't stop her from being very excited.



1 comment:
Happy Birthday Katie! You're such a great mom Debi. You made her day so special.
Post a Comment