For anyone that ever looks at my Blog you may notice I changed my music to piano music by Paul Cardall and a few others. I made myself a goal a few weeks ago to only listen to church music or songs without lyrics. I have noticed a big difference in the way I feel. I am more calm and relaxed. That is huge for those that know me well. I find that I don't get short with the kids when this music is on and that I just simply feel happier about life in general. So anyone suffering from my same problems may want to try this for a week and see if you feel any better.
I think it all comes down to the fact that even though there is a lot of good music out there, ask yourself how often that just simply keeping your mind so focused on the wrong music (good or bad) do we miss out on gentle promptings. The spirit is always there to comfort us but we have to be willing to listen. I don't know about you but I am guilty of the loud music on in my car constantly and I am very guilty of cussing out cars around me. Since I stopped playing the other music I have been very calm while driving. Things don't irritate me like they did before. Anyway I will stop writing now but just wanted to give you something to think about. I'm sure you are all much more under control than I am. Have a great day!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a terrific thought! I am going to have to try it! I could always use a little more "calming"! Thanks for the great post!
Post a Comment