Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School

Well it's here. The first day of school. I'm less excited about it than the girls. Katie could hardly wait for the bus to come. Before she went to bed last night we told her it would be here today and she went crazy! She ran in circles for a second then took off to find her back pack and shoes. We had to disappoint her by telling her she had to sleep first before the bus would come. She was so happy to see it pull up that she ran to get on while yelling over her shoulder at me, "BYE!!" Not even a hug!! Oh well, I forgive her.
Alexys seemed a little nervous but she wouldn't admit it. Her first day in High School!! I am nervous even if she isn't. I just can't figure out how she went from being in kindergarten not that long ago to being in High School!! How and why does this always seem to happen to parents? Kids need to stop growing up so fast!! Anyway here are some pictures from this morning.
I love you girls!!! I hope your day is wonderful!

Giving her best toothless smile even with the sun in her face!

Off she goes!!!

A freshman!!

Beautiful, inside and out. Look at those eyes!

4 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

I can't believe school is really here. I had a hard time sending my kids this year...they are growing too fast!

Tanalyn said...

She is beautiful! Good work Debi and Craig!

jenniho ♥ said...

High Scool??? I'm seriously choking up right now:(

Jenny B said...

You have beautiful girls! Maybe I am a bad mom because I love the 1st day of school....